Sunday, April 28, 2013

Working my way through the Beer tour of the Southwest

While i still mourn the lack of availability of some of my favorites, like Yuengling and Three Floyds, trying new beer around here has been a very good time. At least for my taste buds.
artzberger.com
This past weekend, I stopped a local shop to pick up some beer for a graduation party. When picking out beer in a store, i'll be honest. I'm a pretty lazy shopper. The number of beers is usually overwhelming, and i'm never quite sure where to go. The simplistic red cans of this beer from the Santa Fe Brewing Company caught my eye. Double plus good on the Irish Red, usually a potable beer even at its mildest. As soon as I had the cans off the shelf my roommate praised my choice. Although, i'm not sure how good her recommendation was, considering her lack of preferences. 
Anyways, I was happy. Even without pouring them, straight from the cans they were robust, malty and good. Not overly hearty, but still fairly rich. Mmmmm.... I only managed three, and at a low ABV of 4.5, it was a nice relaxing evening. I would definitely recommend these. They are a suitably good pick at about 8.50 for the 6 pack. 
Next up: some back blogging and my quest to collect brewing bottles :).

No comments:

Post a Comment