Saturday, February 18, 2012

If only we were still in Venice...

Just another chill evening (over a week ago) sipping on whatever white wine is left in the fridge. If only I were still in Venice enjoying my wine with some delicious Italian food! Or on a beach somewhere, which i would take even without the wine.... Spring break is on its way!
So... back to wine... this approximately 6 dollar bottle was a great find by Patrick until I tried some after drinking my favorite wine ever, when i noticed its over dry taste, and unbalanced flavor. While it is drinkable, Rosemount Pinot Grigio is not on my must buy list.
As a side note, the other writers and I have been discussing a rating system for our wines. Since we are trying such a variety of types of wines and possibly other drinks, as well as bottles of differing values, it might take a little while. In regards to this wine, using an untested rating system, out of 5 (1 being the lowest, 5 being the highest) I would give it a 2.5 for flavor, and a 3 for value. It wouldn't be bad paired with food, but I'll take something else for sipping next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment