Saturday, February 18, 2012

Patrick's Classy Fondu Party

Last weekend was filled with delicious wine! Patrick and his lovely roommate hosted a very classy chocolate fondu party that rapidly turned into a multiple bottle per person semi classy, stuffing yourself with food party. In order to fit in, I brought the bottle of Wildcat Creek Peter's Mill White that i purchased last semester after a wine tasting at this local winery.
If you are ever in Lafayette, IN, I would highly recommend a visit to this tidy little winery off route 38 (near 65). Set off the road by a picturesque creek that is boat-able and float-able in summer, this winery purchases grape juice concentrates for their wines, like most other local wineries. They did say at my last visit, however, that they were working on maturing their own vines. Overall, I find many of their wines to be too sweet for my palate, but this, one of their drier whites, is light, drinkable and at 14 dollars, a pretty good deal when bought at one of their free tastings. Their shop staff are super friendly as well as the wine makers who frequently drop in and are more than happy to answer questions.
As for ratings, I'd give this a 4/5 for value and a 3.5/5 for flavor, but hey, I might be a tough judge, and i'll basically drink a 2 and above.

1 comment:

  1. I think this blog needs some reviews of cheap 40s as well. get on that Mike.

    ReplyDelete