Thursday, January 31, 2013

Classy Beer and I can't focus my camera in low light

 Last week I took a little adventure out to western MA to see a friend, make some popovers, do a little indoor rock climbing, and drink beer in some place other than my parents basement.
As the classy people we are my friend and i from the blog http://beerwhiskyfood.blogspot.com/, picked up some fancy beer in a really well stocked beer shop. I think we spent a good half hour wandering around the store looking at everything. I was honestly overwhelmed and couldn't decide what to drink so i settled on my old favorite from CO, Old Chub from the Osckar Blues brewing company. I've already done my review on this beer back over the summer.
My friend picked up Chimay, better known to me as "that beer brewed by those old monks, right?" A statement which is somehow pretty close to accurate. This fruity and wayyyyy overpriced beer is best left to the snobs and the officionados at about 24 bucks a 4 pack. No thanks. This doesn't even rate on my scale. While i'll admit that this is a really good beer, i honestly am not at this point in my life a light fruity wheat beer drinker. I'll stick to my maltier, darker beers. Cheers to those that do like it, though, and are willing to spend the big bucks to keep this great beer in production. Well, off to other things, hopefully i find some gems in Vermont this weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Question...were you calling me a snob or an aficionado? I'm okay with either, for the record...

    ReplyDelete