Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Lovely Spring Break in Indiana

Its Spring Break! After destroying myself on a massively strenuous backpacking trip, or what others would call a meander through the woods, it was definitely time to settle back to my spot on the couch for a little R and R. The California Collection lingering in my fridge needed to go, and its not risotto season anymore, so down the hatch! Mike came by for some post work TV and brought along his last bottle of on sale Beringer from the Thanksgiving of Awesomely cheap wine. ( I say that with nostalgia since i miss being able to buy these in bulk at such low prices.) It was a lovely Pinot Grigio with a nice smooth mellowness. It was a touch sweet, but it contrasted nicely to the slightly drier, fruiter Savingon Blanc I started the night with. I'd give this bottle a 4.5 for value; how can you beat $2.50 a bottle? For taste its more of a 4, probably a 3 really, but I can't get over how yummy it is for how cheap it is. Or Indiana is just messing with my wine pallet, they do love their sweet table wines.
On a completely unrelated note, tonight is going to be our very own bicycle brewery tour! There might only be one brewery on the tour due to laziness, and my lackluster appreciation for the Lafayette Brewing Company: Peoples. There should be some good photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment