Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sometimes there is food, too!

After a long weekend of sleeping as much as possible, running almost 12 miles (I know! There is a little bit of an overachiever in me.) and grading papers, a relaxing Monday night was definitely in order. I decided ill-advisedly to try my hand at some vegetarian Moussaka, which while delicious took FOREVER to assemble. Yes the photo is me showing off. 
Charles and Patrick meandered over to try some of the outcome and watch some bad television, my entertainment of choice. Patrick showed up with a bottle of Fontana Candida Pinot Grigio. With low expectations we wrestled the cork from the bottle and were pleasantly surprised. This 9 dollar bottle was purchased from the Village Bottle Shop across the intersection from house. Officially, this is now the only wine we have ever gotten from there that I would consider drinking again. In a quick search of other reviews this wine is labeled compelling. While this may be true for some, I find this wine a decent deal, maybe a 3/5 for 9 dollars, putting it in my mid-range price category. Light, refreshing, and overall, doesn't have anything that stands out as bad or horribly wrong (that standard being set by home brew of course.) I'd give it a 3 for flavor. 
Just a note on my current price categories:
Category 1: $6.99 or less
Category 2: $7-15
Category 3: Things I cannot afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment