Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Snobby beer on election days

While i voted absentee ages ago, the rest of my friends scurried around trying to vote yesterday. Most managed to do their duty as an american citizen, while a few others missed the mark. I don't care who they voted for, they just didn't make it to the polls.
Anyways, in celebration? anticipation? fear? we went out for a brew at our favorite overly loud pub. It was 3.75 midwest pint night, and i, unable to pick a beer off the list of 150, asked for help from the waiter. He helped me narrow down my choice to Flat 12 porter, now Pogue's porter from Flat 12 bierworks. This super rich chocolately porter is not for the faint of heart. I really enjoyed it, but if you don't want a brew a spoon can stand up in, you are sniffing up the wrong tree.
I'd have it again, but one was my limit at 5.5 abv when i wanted to drive home. That and it really managed to fill my stomach. Try some. Also, VOTE next time if you didn't already.
Just as a note: if you read other reviews of this beer, i had mine on tap with almost no head. It was delicious. I hear from the bottle its a mixed bag. But hey, most things are better on tap (in my opinion some ciders aren't but hey, opinions are like assholes....).
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment