Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thesis writing reprieve

What to do when your brain is about to explode from staring at statistical output for hours on end? Drink some wine! Relax for a few minutes or you will be even more useless than usual.
Last week i got to take a quick break with Kerri and Tyler and sip on some yummy reds. I brought the Black mountain Pinot Noir on the right, Tyler coughed up the Chateau Ste. Michelle cabernet savignion i believe. Yeah, shit quality pic. I've been working on getting a camera in working order. Soon my friends, soon.
Anyways, the Black Mountain was a 5 dollar trader joe's find. Easy and drinkable, i have nothing to say negatively about this wine. Its a california red, much better than most you can buy. The only caveat, if you like a wine with bite, this isn't for you. 4.5/5 for value, 3.5/5 for yumminess. Nothing wrong with it, just nothing spectacular.
The Oregon wine was also quite yummy. Probably out of my price range, but tasty, and just a little bit on the acidic side like tyler likes it. 4/5 for flavor. But no idea on value. Try it! Even the wine snob in the group enjoyed (not me i swear, although i did like it).
As I come up to my graduation date things will likely get classier (if i have a job to bankroll my enjoyment of wine) or less class (as i imbibe purple jesus, or anything else for that matter) as i search for a job.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment