Tuesday, February 12, 2013

When stuck inside, why not enjoy a little red wine?

While I might not have stocked up as much booze to weather the Northeast's "Blizzard of 2013", I did have a new bottle of red wine on the ready. Just one. Last week with a little forethought i weathered (no pun intended) the traffic at the local Whole foods for some hipster goods. While there i picked up a nice 8 dollar bottle of Malbec from Argentina made by Callia Alta.
 Generally I like a Malbec. They aren't usually too sweet, and even on the cheap side, they may provide a nice bite. Sometimes. This impressed me by being more than one dimensional for 8 bucks. In snobby talk: the nose fell a little flat so I wasn't expecting much. But midway into the sip you get nice spicy bite of malbec. Good buy. I'll give it a 4.5/5 for flavor (nothing fancy, but i really liked it) and a 4/5 for value. If you are a wholefoods try it out for yourself. Its especially good when the world outside looks something like this:
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment