Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Because it was too amusing not to try

I should know better, I really should. But somehow that doesn't stop my masochistic tendency of trying different low calorie Michelob drinks. The other night while in the supermarket picking up the classic single girl combination of Ben and Jerry's and beer, I decided to try something new. Something I hoped would be refreshing, or at least funny. I guess its sort of funny. Michelob makes something called 19th hole, which i think is supposed to be a classy series of mixed drinks that come in a can. I bought lemonade iced tea. It contains 4% alcohol by volume. And well, about 2% flavor by volume.This light beverage costs around 5 to 6 dollars for a 4 pack of 16 ounce cans. At least it has quantity on its side.
As for taste, Tyler, Kerri and I decided it tasted like something you would find in a half filled solo cup the day after a barbecue... with just a hint of dead fly.
It gets a 1/5 for tastiness, and a 1/5 for value. Again, very little value in these drinks, better to just make your own. The only redeeming factor for it is that when cold, and i'm thirsty, i will consume it.
Another winner, Michelob. Keep up the work, i suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment