Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Take a moment to enjoy the times. And the cider.

I might be slightly behind in my blogging due to the wondrous stresses of graduate school and life in general (i'm talking about you! stupid, broken, car!). Anyways, a few weeks back, in celebration of the pre leaving event for one of the Denver-bound hero's, Derrick picked up a 6 pack of the not terribly overpriced angry  orchard cider. I've blogged about this brand before, when i picked up a 6 pack of the ginger apple cider. I might not be sure about whether or not I liked that flavor, but when it comes to plain old cider, i'm a fan. This was the Crisp variety, as opposed to the dry or ginger. Along the lines of a Woodchuck cider, this was sweet, almost soda sweet, bubbly and delicious. Nothing too classy, but its a good pick for some weekday drinking.
Also, their website (angryorchard.com) is mildly entertaining and has a long list of cocktails you can make using their cider. Mmmmm sounds like something i might have to try this fall. I only lament that to get local cider I have to drive all the way down to Indianapolis. Booo.
Tonight: Strong possibility of picking up a growler from Peoples brewing company!

1 comment: