Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday party red's

One of the best things about the holidays is that I get to try wine at other people's homes. Their pick, their price range. Most recently I was at the home of my department head. Her and her husband love to throw holiday parties and have been doing it forever. This was only one of three that I know they threw this year.
Anyways along with a ton of wine and some really good spiked cider (i should have asked for the recipe!) they had a whole bunch of open bottles of this red from Spain. Initially, I thought it was a blended red, however, it appears that Garnacha is its own type of grape. I was super impressed by this fruity, well balanced wine that had just enough acid. It was REALLY GOOD. I was even more impressed when I found out that it runs about 10 dollars a bottle. What? In my price range? How did this happen. Thank you Spain! This wine is also a little on the strong side at about 15.2% apv. 4.9/5 for flavor. Not quite perfect, but still freaking good. And 4.5/5 for value. Only 10 dollars! I shall need to find it!
If i wasn't so full I probably would have had more. The food, however, was amazing. This wine paired with blackberry pie......nomnomnomnom.
Check out the website if you don't believe anything i say. I'm not the only one that things this wine is great.
http://www.lasrocaswine.com/

Now that I am salivating again..... cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment