Friday, May 11, 2012

Can't Stop the BBQ

The roving summer bbq landed at Hermes' place again this week. Suprisingly it was pretty low key; food and hookah. While i avoid the hookah due to my lamentable lack of immune system (i have caught more colds than i can count from smoking hookah back in my UMass days) I did get to enjoy the back porch fire we started while drinking from a lovely 32 ounce Mississippi Mudd.
I say "lovely" but what i really mean is cheap, convenient and of a large size. Flavor-wise, for a black and tan it was rather bland. I'd give it a 4.5/5 for value, and a 2.5/5 for flavor/yumminess. Mostly because it didn't have much. I'd drink it again though, if i were feeling broke.
The food at the BBQ was good, though! We enjoyed grilled corn on the cob, way too many potato chips and some yummy french bread.
I can't wait to get back to wine! Its been a fairly wine free week since i'm on some meds that say "reduce alcohol consumption" on the package or something along those lines. Its been a really stressfull one so i've had to increase my good habits instead, like running and hanging out with friends, ha. Don't worry, i'll be back to my old self soon!

1 comment:

  1. How dare you insult the Mud! That's Norris' favorite drink of all time, he makes me bring it to him when I go up to ME since he can't get it there.

    ReplyDelete