Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mike's Harder, Ghost Stories, and A Boy and His Dog

Just like most any other Wendesday night, I spent last at a friend's place BBQing. Well eating hummus and chips while others threw some meat on the grill. Instead of breaking out a bottle of wine for the occasion, since I had to drive home, I only had a beer or two. Around the time when the ghost stories were being told, and I'd already eaten my delicious smore, Keith and I decided to take off for a lazy movie night.
We stoped at Bar Barry (a liquour store) so that he could  pick up Amarula, a South African fermented fruit beverage (around $20 dollars a bottle), which will be commented on later when he sends me the picture. While we were there I pickedup a Mike's harder fruit punch, just for laughs really. I only ended up drinking about 4 ounces of it while we watched A Boy and His Dog. According to Netflix its a cult classic, and while it doesn't totally make sense, its a worthwhile hour and 27 minutes. Who can resist a post-apocalyptic romp with a strangly uplifting ending?
Ah, so for ratings, Mike's get's a 5/5 for value. At 8% a can of this stuff will get you pretty buzzed for less than three dollars, and you CAN'T taste the alcohol at all, so its really a dangerous product. I'll give it a 4/5 for yumminess though, because I'm guessing the hangover from this sugary stuff could be pretty nasty. Overall, a tastey, but not totally girly outdoors type drink. Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. FYI the Mike's harder lemonade is also very tasty and can be bought in a four pack of cans.

    ReplyDelete