Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Monday work nights

There are very few acceptable ways to correct papers. My favorite is starting with a mug of tea, then moving on to a mug of wine.
"What's all over my assignment?"
"the only reason you have an A, kid; pinot noir."
Last night i sat down with a bottle of Bella Sera pinot noir from the big wine sale a month or so back. I'd finished most of it last Tuesday, but there were still enough to get me good and in the grading mood. (*facepalm, i hate grading.)
This fairly moderately priced pinor noir turned a fairly lame evening into a fairly delicious one. It is nice and smooth, but with only subtle flavor. The nose is also weak. I'd drink it though. I don't think i spent more than 4 dollars for the bottle. Bonus! I get to feel snobby because its an import from Italy. Supposedly, it contains rich fruit (cherry and plum) flavors. I'd say its on the milder side for a Pinot Noir. 4/5 for flavor. Mild can be good and 4.5/5 for value. On sale of course. At its normal price of about 7 to 14 dollars, it would only get a 3.5/5.
Try it for yourself! This one comes with my recommendation. A quick warning, though, not everyone on the internet seems to share my description of mild. Keep in mind, friends, this is a cheaper wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment