Saturday, October 13, 2012

Why I may never like Heineken

What do you reach for when you want a classier big beer?
 For me, its never Heineken, I've been told i'm a snob, but there are a few good reasons why I can't drink this beer that many assume is highly palatable, cheap, and still maintains a feel less like a miller or coors, and more like a 312 or semi local beer.
One of those reasons was my first drinking experience as a stupid, stupid 17 year old. Somehow my friends and I got a hold of wayyyy too much heineken for our own good. We drank a lot. Well, I had 4 beers. Ha, and proceeded to get super drunk and throw some if it up. Its hard to forget losing your cookies over alcohol for the first time. Doesn't make good memories.
The second bad experience I had with Heineken has to do with those mini kegs they sell. One of my friends as an undergrad received one for a housewarming present. It was just plain skunked. Skunked beer is one of the sadder things in life. Well not really, but its still pretty sad.
Anyways, this has pretty much cemented my aversion of the green bottles. I will on occasion sample one of their special darks, so i guess its not a complete loss. Drink to your hearts content, but mine won't be a heini.
Just so you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment