Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What Friday's are for.

 I don't know what you do with your Friday nights, but I spend mine with my equally entertaining friends. At least they were fully clothed this time. Also, i don't think they would call me entertaining since I kicked them out to go to bed early. I was tired.
 Tyler brought over a couple of his favorite pretentious wines. The first was a nice white riesling from Willamette Valley Vineyards. While sticky sweet like most rieslings, and lightly bubbly, it was still really enjoyable. Not the best choice to drink alternating with his other bottle, a 2009 Chehalem merlot. 
The Chehalem is his hands down favorite so i've heard. Both of these wines are from the same valley in oregon, can you guess its name? Don't get Tyler started talking about it. I think its his favorite place on earth. It does make tasty wines, though. 




The merlot was lightly acidic and had great overall flavor. I may have tried this one before.
As for ratings i'd give the merlot a 5/5, and the riesling a 4/5. Mostly because i'm not a huge riesling fan. I refuse to give either of them a value score today because they are way out of my normal price range and into Tyler's much more pretentious wine price range.
happy drinking!

Tyler enjoying his pretentious wine

Kerri had finished her's so she moved on to Jack

Brooklyn just wants some Sherbert

                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment